About the program
Participants will learn about energy poverty and the effects it has on people around the world in terms of education, health, environment and economically. They will find out how innovative design solutions can combat those four pillars of energy poverty.
How it works
Aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, this program includes a compelling presentation, assembly of solar light by each participant and connecting with a child living in energy poverty with a letter writing activity which will be packaged as a gift with the light.
At the end of this session, the solar lights are returned to SolarBuddy for quality assurance before their journey to a distribution country.
Our in-country NGO Partner distributes the gift of light into the hands of children living in energy poverty.
Enquire about our JuniorBuddy program.
- Learn about energy poverty, sustainability, and global citizenship
- Fosters a culture of collaboration
- Intercultural understanding
- Critical thinking skills
- Rewarding and entertaining
- Build relationships and network
- Giving back to the global community
- Create real impact – SROI
- Delivery of unassembled solar light kits
- Educational resources for educators to facilitate – plus optional lesson plans leading up to the assembly of solar lights
- Collection of assembled solar lights and written letters
- Quality control of solar lights
- International shipment of solar lights and letters to a country in energy poverty
- Distribution of solar lights and letters into the hands of children living in extreme energy poverty through our in-country NGO partner
- Monthly update on SolarBuddy’s global impact